Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Be Good or Be Gone... and Pimp with Vision


As I blow away the ashes I flicked on my keyboard accidentally and begin to type tonight I'm realizing that my life of truth or dare has lost it's luster. BTW, this isn't news to me... This is obvious.

Hallelujah - The tree frogs are calling and it's obviously time for renewing vows of some kind.

"Everybody measures themselves by a ruler, it's all subjective, but if you try, whether it's good or not is irrelevant, I guess you shouldn't invest a shitload in what everyone else thinks..."

"The answers in life are never presented to us on a golden platter."

A quote from my best friend Alex...

I love you man..

I took the kids "trick or treating" this evening with the WIF, it was great!!! I missed a good part of the build up to Halloween, but I didn't miss the best part. I'm not the greatest father, this is a "truism", but I/we have a good time.

I'm lost, the only constant is change, (another truism) and that is somewhat comforting.

I have no idea which road to take, none of them are marked "safe", being mediocre at several things and mastering nothing is no longer working for me or my family.

I won't give up, I could be a mediocre writer, a mediocre songwriter, or a terribly unhappy corporate slug. I am thinking lately that Al and I could really do something with our 18 years of playing and recording music together, but it's going to really depend on us focusing on it.

Don't get me wrong, I still have a business I LOVE that needs to be run, and I have crazy responsibilities. That said, I have to find something that I'm truly good at, (that actually makes money) and that narrows the possibilities very much.

So, this is what I need. From my kids- patience, from friends and family - direction and truth, from my soul belief, and from you-honesty...

I'm a colossal failure in most respects, but I won't always be so stupid, with age does come wisdom in abstract form. My aim is true...

I love you all; please don't run.... You're running aren't you..?

I'll give it my best. Tell me, what are you here for?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home