Tuesday, October 30, 2007

I'm happy-err? when it's cold...


It struck me the other day, when I saw the Christmas trees up at the store. It's still October?

FIRST Rhetorical: Why the fuck are Christmas decorations up before Halloween?
SECOND Rhetorical: Where the fuck has this month gone?

The holiday season is tickling my proverbial ornaments in it's annual foreplay sessions, but I haven't had time to consent or even take a shower... Yet.

It has been a VERY confusing, rough, scary, crappy, wonderful, beautiful year, and I've learned allot.

Though I can't tell the story here... It is simply due to logistics, not want. I actually don't know if this story has an ending or if I'm in the middle, or possibly at the end.

Possibly the soundtrack to my life has been static, but the coldness, of fall has awakened me. Now it seems, the tape is consistently rolling and I must become something.

Things are moving; people are moving on, and I must remix and remaster, static is just wasted tape and time.

That out of the way now.... I need to get down to business with the holiday crap.

I actually love the holidays, Halloween is a favorite, but it's tomorrow and I haven't so much as stabbed a pumpkin with the kiddos (I don't mean trying to put children through pumpkins) or put eyeballs into green jello and mason jars. What kind of shitty dad am I?

WIF has made the spawn costumes - "Super Rhett" and "Super Evan" complete with capes, but we have missed the pumpkin patch, haunted houses, pumpkin seeds, and adult costume parties that make the holiday fun.

I think the secret to living is to do just that... live. That is what I'm/We're working on and toward. Only will can snap the coldness of idiocy.

I have to steal a line from David Duchovney

"Honestly, I do know that they won't always love me...no matter what..."

I need to carve a fucking pumpkin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home